Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dying to Meet You By: Kate Klise


Summary:
This book is about an author of ghost stories named I.B. Grumply.  He has rented out a summer home to finish writing his last book.  What he did not know is that when he signed the rental agreement he signed up to take care of a little boy. This little boy insists that there are ghosts living in the mansion.  Will I.B. Grumply get to the bottom of all this?  Will he give up and move to a new place for peace and quiet?  Is there really a ghost living in the old mansion?  Read more to find out.

Follow-Up Questions:
If you were Mr. Grumply what would you have done when you got to the house and realized that you had to take care of a little boy?
Do you think that you will read the next book in this series?  Why or why not?

Extension Activities:
Get some great writing and drawing tips here:
http://kateandsarahklise.com/teacherpage.htm
Watch an amazing book trailer for this book at the following link.  When it is over, create your own!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPuZfnCrww

14 comments:

  1. cool book,it only took me 1 day to read :p funny face

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finshed this book. I LOVED it:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book had me laughing for sure. I love the ghost! She is very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the book but i have not got to deep in it but i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the book i am with you miss bagley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book. I love it so much I am now reading the second book.I love Seymour is so creative and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive just started reading the book and i looooove it<3;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joshua/SLES/4th gradeDecember 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM

    I like this book because it really interest me with a ghost with glasses. I was shocked because he can talk to the ghost but he sometimes he gets the ghost mad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THI IS THE BEST BOOK IV READ SO FAR

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a funny book i love the end were hes books gets published and him the ghost and the boy buyb the house.it was really mean for the parents to leave him there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C.C OF COOLNESS PS CIERRAFebruary 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

    ALL OF YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS FUNNY AND IS VERY TOUCHING IT MADE ME CRY (TEAR) SEE I TOLD YOU IT MADE ME CRY I AM SO BORD BUT I REALLY LIKED ALL OF THE BOOKS I HAVE READ ;

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS BOOK IS A BOOK THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY SAD THANKFULL IT IS GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the book. I finished it in only a couple of hours. It was funny when I.B. Grumply and the ghost went on a date. And the picture only showed what she was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this book, it is sooooooo funny icould read it 1million times!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete