Tuesday, September 6, 2011

N.E.R.D.S. By: Michael Buckley


Summary:
This book captures the nerdy kid in all of us.  Read along as one boy, Jackson Jones, falls from the cool side of the school to the nerdy side.  He is relieved when he is asked to join a group of nerds unlike any other.  It is a story of true heroism and modesty that keeps you reading and rooting for the bad guy, gone good!

Follow-Up Questions:
1.  Jackson is treated poorly by the N.E.R.D.S. because of how he treated them in his former life.  Do you think these actions are fair?  Why or Why not?
2. Who was your favorite 'nerd' and why?

Extension Activities:
The best website for a book ever!! Check out secret surveillance footage.  You can also read a chapter online as well as put your name in the name generator and see what your spy name would be!!  Plus there is really cool music in the background!!
http://www.abramsbooks.com/nerds/

12 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Spring Lake
    I look forward to book 2. I cannot wait to see what these 'NERDS' do next! I went on the name generator and my code name was, 'Fastball'. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best book i have ever read I am on chapter 19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon,
    You must come back and tell us what you think after you finish the book! Have you checked out the website yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny book!i cracked me up and it was very gripping! i never knew nerdy spies can be such a humorous topic for a book! read it! reading is good for your health! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont really think its interesting at all... i think its boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordan,
    I am so sorry to hear that you thought this book was boring. I just could not stop laughing. What would have made this book better to you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathan Mrs p 4th grade classDecember 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM

    jordon are you sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. when I grow up I want to be a spy too

    ReplyDelete
  9. one day i want meet them

    ReplyDelete
  10. it best book i ever read im on chapter two

    ReplyDelete